The final, and one of the most interesting projects I worked on during my Masters program at Boston University, was a webmagazine titled Free Radicals. It was a group assignment that involved all seven students in our cohort and our chosen theme was On the Water, a dedication to Boston’s location on the Atlantic Coast, and our common love for ocean critters and seafood.
All of us sci-jos (as we jocularly called ourselves) assumed different roles to pull of this webmagazine, of course, picking and choosing what we liked and did best. My run, as you will see, demonstrates a penchant for audio-visual elements to communicate science, and my fascination for whales. Listed below are my stories for Free Radicals:
- A closer look at fin whales– December 7th, 2011
- Q&A with whale researcher Laura Howes– November 23rd, 2011
- Top 9 endandered marine mammals in the North Atlantic– November 13th, 2011
- Cetacean marine protected areas– November 12th, 2011
- A visit to the salt pond– October 12th, 2011
- Lobstering in Maine: A conversation with Buddy Poland– October 8th, 2011